If you have never flown before, you’ve probably already heard enough how tiresome a check-in process in the airport is. Literally, it can take hours. This is mainly because of a long check-in process why you come to the airport earlier than the flight is.
But check in at the airport can be easy and simple if you know a couple of useful travel hacks. Don’t know them yet? Keep reading. We’ve prepared six check-in tips every traveler should know.
Go Through Check-in and Baggage Excess Fast
You can speed through the process of getting a boarding pass if doing everything properly or going through a self-check-in procedure. How?
- After entering the terminal, you’ll see the counters for each airline. That is where the registration is going to be. Some airlines have particular counters, so you will immediately know where exactly the check-in procedure for your flight is going to be. Before going to a counter directly, go to the airport scoreboard to know whether your flight is delayed or not and when and where the check-in is going to start.
- During the check-in process, you’ll have to give the luggage to the check-in officer. Make sure you don’t have extra baggage in advance. Or you’ll need to spend more time to pay for it or to pack it differently directly in the airport. The decision is up to you. But learn how to pack smart.
- Go through the check-in process fast is by doing it by yourself. Today, airports have self-check-in kiosks where you can register your flight without going to the counter.
- Check websites like SeatExpert or Seat Plans to know where the best seats on your plane are. Do it in advance. Thus, you will be able to choose the best seats while still being at home.
- If you are in the economy class line to check the baggage and there is a long line, but there is no one in the first-class line, try going to check your baggage there. Most likely the officers will help you because they are not helping anyone else right now.
- Always arrive at the airport before the check-in process starts. This way, you have more chances to speed up the whole procedure.
Going through the flight check-in process shouldn’t scare you, even if you have never traveled by plane before. You are not alone in this. Millions of people travel this way every day. They go through the same check-in process too.